Monday, September 22, 2008

The Park






We spent Family Home Evening at the the park. Hyrum started our F.H.E. in the car with, "Welcome, welcome, welcome to field trip family home evening!" It turns out, chasing an over sized rubber duck down a stream is an enjoyable past time. I love to watch happy kids burn energy!

For those of you who have seen Kim Ashton's blog, you know she is quite the photographer. It's true, she twisted my arm and forced me to sign up for a photography class, using her extra "shabby" camera. It's been tough, but I've managed to get by! Jake has asked if this camera will be a permanent part of our marriage. It is a bit addictive. The main thing I've learned is that I know less then I thought I did about taking pictures. But Kim has taught me a lot and I've loved using her camera. For my next trick, I will learn how to use Photo Shop, if Kim continues teaching her, "Photography for idiots named Susie" course. It's been a lot of fun!

7 comments:

Kara said...

LOL So when you decide to post you do it right! And it's good to see that Josh isn't the only one who carried on the "Welcome, welcome, welcome" tradition.

Julie Winder said...

Hey Susie! I am so excited you have a new post. I love your pictures. How fun to take a photography class, you obviously are a natural. Your pictures are so clear, and you caught some fun spontaneous moments. Your lighting is perfect, you wouldn't need adobe! It is fun to try new things with it, though. What a fun F.H.E. you will have to let me in on where you got that big duck! Keep posting updates and pictures!

Mandy and Jason said...

Welcome to the blog world. Jason was more than happy to keep blogging on your page, but he forgot your password. Not a very good identity theif. Your kids are so cute! Good job on the pics. I'm jealous, and want to take a class some day.

Buckaroo Bob said...

Cute blog susie! It definitely isn't plain and you will figure out all of the extra stuff at some point. We love the library park! Looks like your kids really enjoyed themselves! It will be fun to keep up with you guys through blogging.

Michelle said...

Hey great job posting. Its so fun isn't it. I actually get a lot from it. Did you get to go to womens conference? Pres utchdorfs talk was so great on feeling better about ourselves as women and creating something beautiful to share with others. Well my blog has been that for me. I have no time to scrapbook so I have an online scrapbook. They even have websites that let you make books with your blog. I am hooked on blogging and bloggings hooked on me. By the way I got our NKOTB tickets. I hope your not embarrassed to have that news on your blog. I loved talking to you the other day. I really miss those days together.

Judy said...

Susie! I am in awe of you and the way you put your family first. You seem to be a natural in photography. The pictures were clear and spontaneous. Looks like a fun family night acitivity.
Keep up the good post on your blog.
Judy Jolley

Judy said...

great pics at the park. by the way where is that park, it looks fun.